Monday, February 18, 2013

Annie’s Western Rock Lobster – first attempt


It was my mum’s birthday. I won’t say how old she was turning, because ladies never tell. Suffice to say, it’s a significant number so a pretty special dinner was in order.
Looks pretty tasty (photo courtesy Jason Thomas)

I had planned on making two dishes from Essence, one being Annie’s Rock Lobster Dish. It sounded simple enough and I had grand plans on serving it up as one of ten courses, all fancy like on Chinese soup spoons. Posh, eh?

Except I didn’t realise how much Lobsters cost.

And they come in that scary looking exoskeleton which I couldn’t even begin to fathom to open. Would I require special tools? A PhD in crustaceans? I clearly had no idea what I was doing and didn’t have time to learn.

Pass.

I bought a lovely piece of tuna sashimi instead and decided to attempt Annie’s Lobster another time.
Looks nothing like lobster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think... comments are yummy.